Wednesday 15 August 2012

Heavenly Oysters

Today was lousy in terms of weather. Rainy, then sunny, then windy etc, so not the best touring weather. We knew it would come, so we just make the most of it. I will get some oysters later to make me feel better...

The couple beside us are from Nelson and they manage the caravan park there, he also likes bourbon and had a litre bottle there which he wanted to share, that disappeared rather quickly!!! Only trouble was he talks under water with a mouthful of marbles so I know his life story from birth. Nice bloke but can't take a hint when it's 2 degrees and you want to go to bed...only so much JD warms you up & I was a couple in front of him too!!

He looked like death warmed up this morning, it reminded me so much of my old mate Corey, drinks hard but really suffers the next day. He had this astonished look on his face when he arose and saw us bright as buttons ready to take off and have a look around!!!!

We decided to go and have a look at Farm & Gallipoli beaches, about 30k's away. Farm is famous for King George Whiting & Gallipoli is where they shot the movie.

No fishing however, too cold and windy, nobody else was either so there is a message in that. Nothing striking about Farm Beach, in fact the sea grass/weed was probably 2ft deep with limited sand, but Gallipoli was as I remembered in the movie when they landed on the beach and then headed up the hills.

Back in town it was sunny for a while so Nat managed a walk while I prepared roast lamb in the webber. I ducked up to the oyster sheds & grabbed a dozen fresh @ $9, not bad value and they were as big as the lemon quarters that came with them.  This would do me for entree as nobody else eats them...

The couple from next door came back and he sort of steered clear of us and had an early night, he was pretty pale still...my job was done there....

Dinner was great, Dads signature dish, on top of the oysters and Nat's white wine...delicious. Even the boys munched into the lamb.

Hope tomorrow will be better weather...

Jase


No comments:

Post a Comment