Sunday 5 August 2012

Decent beds & decent bourbon - Perth

Two days at the Four Points in Perth CBD and we realise how much we miss our king size bed...

Was great to not have to make any meals and have a TV to watch, but it was short lived.

I think there is a lot of training & construction going on to improve the standard of the Four Points to Sheraton levels, so the normal benefits we get from Dale's generosity in getting us cheap rooms were not forthcoming....at least until they had a rocket placed under there backsides by Dale after his phone call!  Thanks again mate, we appreciate it.

Nat has been crook these last few days so she went to the quack and got some meds to square her up again, so all good. To make herself feel better she went to the DFO (Discount Factory Outlets) to buy a new dress because chicks seem to dig those sorts of things....

I managed to catch up with my old mate from the Gong - Joey Faulkner. He is now a gold mine driller in Newman flying in and out, living at Scarborough Beach. Life could be worse for a single man.

We managed to have a good session Saturday lunchtime ending at around midnight, just like the old days. Dinner at Fast Eddies with Nat and the boys then into some jeans and off we went again to have a look around Perth's finer establishments.

As I write this I am a little bit (as Chris Bryant would say) Slim Dusty. Nat is driving and as always (well almost) very supportive in my time of need. In saying that I will be back behind the wheel before too long....

Thanks babe, it was good to catch up with Joe.

Heading to Walpole today if we make it that far, might be Pemberton first. Back to the reality of travelling again.

Jase....



1 comment:

  1. I love the things I am seeing in here. I really love the place.

    ReplyDelete