Saturday 8 June 2013

Just in the nick of time

Today was always going to be a good day because Nat & Zander were coming to town.
Mav slept in Nanna & Grandad's van and I had the bed to myself, not that it had me sleep any better...so I was up early making sure all was good for their arrival.
9:45 they landed and it was great to see the smiles on the boy's faces when they saw each other, although within minutes the competitiveness came shining through. Great to see Nat and looking forward to getting this race done and relaxing.

I didn't get to have a swim, or run because by the time I got them back to the campsite I had to get the tyre fitted and hope that it set OK to race. Tomsy is the expert on gluing tyres so I let him do it & I have someone to blame if they fail.
Uncharacteristically I have been very disorganised. No transition bags packed, nothing organised in terms of nutrition, I didn't even know what I was wearing....and it was 12:30 and I had to be racked by 3pm.
After realising I didn't have a race belt or hat, I knew I was going to get touched up at the Expo in buying them...which I did. I got there in the end, as you always do. Funnily, a good mate of mine Steven Newman only arrived at 1pm and he had to assemble his bike and do everything in that time, so my life isn't so bad after all.

The day went pretty quickly given I was focused on getting it all together, but something tells me it didn't quite go so fast for Nat. She loves the couple of days leading to, and the day of the race when it comes to IronMan, something about selfishness etc etc yada yada yada.......

Pasta for tea and an early night if the boys finally calm down and go to sleep.
Big day tomorrow and hopefully the bike will go OK so I can get home. It will be nice to have Mum & Dad at the finish line also, a sub 11 would be nice to impress them with.....

Did I mention after tomorrow I have 5 weeks left travelling before I start a new job?

Life is good.

Us.

Have a safe flight Zander & Mummy


My campsite

Daddy's support crew

Daddy's ride

Only just made it

No comments:

Post a Comment