Wednesday 26 June 2013

How to get kicked out of a caravan park.....

Today we had all the sheets and clothes in the washing machine by 8.30am.  Well Daddy did anyway because Mummy didn't want to....
The good thing is that it will dry quickly in this weather so we will be all good by this afternoon.

The boys wanted to play mini gold, go to the beach and spend some time in the pool, so given we are alone now it is a good opportunity to have some time with them, so the plan was in place.  Washing hung out and mini gold done - check....
We needed to get some spades and buckets, and some gear to service the Prado, so we went into Innisfail to get it afterward.  A great deli made us a nice coffee and a short drive around the town made us think what a nice area this would be to live in winter... Flying Fish Point is beautiful too with some very nice and expensive houses beachside.  The area was recommended to me by a couple of old work mates to visit while we were up here and they were right....nothing here but that is just how we like it!!!!

On our return I walked across to the beach to see how the tide was.  On my way out a gold Magna came hooting around the corner into the park via the exit and passed the no entry sign, almost hitting me.  As they went past, an overweight woman (thing) in the passenger seat said to me "gee your lucky mate".
Obviously this aroused any irritations I might have about what happened so I went over to their cabin (they are permanent residents) and asked them to come outside.  A bloke that looked about 20 and like a women came to the door and I asked if they just came in the park in that Magna.  He said yes so I asked him if he could slow down as I have 2 kids that are riding their bikes around.
He said he didn't come in effing fast and I didn't know what I was talking about.  So I looked at the waste of a human in the eye and said idiot, you did, you nearly knocked me over, and you came in the exit a hundred miles an hour.  Then his fat Mrs stood over him and started whining about something to me which pissed me off even more and then told me to mind my own business and then shut the curtain.  I then said just make sure you don't do it again or we will be talking again.
They told me to F off.
I then mentioned it to Nat in the scaled down non aggressive version and said I had concerns about the welfare of our belongings given grubs like this will do anything to get back at people.  So we just put everything in the car if we were away from the camper.  Another couple from Narangba in Brisbane arrived in a camper and reversed in right beside them, which made me smile given the quality of neighbours they now had.  I wandered the boys up for a swim with the intent to tell the park owners when I was finished and I saw Nat talking to them as I went.
Shortly after Nat came to the pool and said the shit had hit the van and the grubs were getting evicted!  Apparently the guys from Narangba overheard them fighting and swearing etc (I might have riled them up a bit) and he went over to ask them to stop.  This bloke isn't big but he doesn't look like he will take crap and then they gave it to him too.  He didn't back down either and gave it straight back.  The owner drove past in the golf buggy and was waved down and told by the new arrivals to move them or they are getting out and telling everyone about the scum that live her (much the same as I was going to tell them) and he on the spot told them to piss off!!!!
Good on him.
The idiots then kept going and then whinged about having 2 kids and homeless because of the "travellers" carrying on about nothing!!!
Bloody funny in the end.  They packed up, pissed off and took their friends from a couple of cabins up with them.  Great story for us to laugh about over a few beers before the footy tonight.

Down to the beach we went and did volcanoes, monster trucks and sand castles.  Believe it or not we have our children back and they are once again starting to listen and do as they are told.  Lets see how long it lasts.

There is a free sausage sizzle and nibbles for the origin tonight on the big screen in the BBQ area of the park.  Streamers up everywhere and quite colourful to be honest which is great.  We will head up and watch the maroons square the series hopefully!

Go the maroons - Jase


No comments:

Post a Comment