Monday 7 May 2012

Mt Isa

Mount Isa is not what I expected.  I am not sure what I expected but I just didn't expect the mine to be in the centre of town!!

Jas asked me yesterday if I have thought about packing up and going home yet and you know what?  No I haven't, not yet anyway!  Each day is new and exciting and there is always something to do.  In saying that the boys have been hard work the last couple of days but I think the reality has set in now so hopefully they will settle down.

Today we drove out to Moondarra Dam.  It was quite nice out there & very strange to see this huge dam in the middle of nowhere.  We went for a walk across the dam wall and Mav managed to fall down the stairs and hit his head (again, the second time in 2 days!)  This time Nurse Jason had to administer first aid as he was bleeding everywhere.  An old lady walked past and asked me a million questions like is he feeling sick, did he throw up and I told her "No he is fine, he is just a gumby!"  I am sure I get mother of the year for that comment!  We had morning tea there and the boys had a play in the playground.

We then ventured to the Mt Isa Family Fun Park.  The kids had an absolute ball.  They had a water fun park and a great kids playground.  We went back to our campsite afterward and spent the afternoon relaxing and talking to some new friends we met last night.  All the kids played together and the adults had a few drinks together.  A nice way to spend the afternoon.

Tomorrow we are heading further north on our way to Karumba.

Nat

No comments:

Post a Comment