Sunday 20 May 2012

Katherine

Yesterday we attempted to walk to the lookout at Katherine Gorge.  As usual, we got much resistance from both the boys today.  The track was very steep and rocky so Mav got carried most of the way but it was well worth the effort.  The views down Katherine Gorge were amazing!  And the day just got progressively worse.  The boys turned feral (and I mean feral!)  Zander started it off - wasn't listening or doing what he was told, swearing at Daddy (and I can tell you, that didn't go down too well!), hitting and kicking me!  And of course Mav just followed suit and became unbearable too!  After Zander's mouth was washed out with soap, we thought he may calm down, but to no avail.  It has definately been the most challenging day of our trip so far and we were certainly contemplating going home.  I think we would have sent Zander home on his own before we all went home!

But today is another day and I can tell you Zander is a different child today.  We got up really early to go on a morning cruise through Katherine Gorge.  It was well worth the early wake up to see the sun rise and enjoy a great bacon and egg breakfast on the boat.  The boys were fairly well behaved also and we even saw a saltwater croc!

We didn't want to push the envelope today, so we went back to camp and spent the rest of the day swimming, walking down to the creek and Jas even got to wash his car.  He has been itching to do that since it got one speck of red dust on it!  I also made some damper and for my first attempt, it was pretty good (if I do say so myself!)

Tomorrow we have another early start, we are off on a plane ride over Katherine Gorge and Kakadu.  Looking forward to it.....

Nat

No comments:

Post a Comment