Thursday 10 May 2012

Blue Salmon.........

The charter was good today, although we didnt catch any barra or mackeral like I had hoped. Basically they take you where you can catch a fish rather than try your luck and come up empty handed. They are either on or not which is why they play the safe bet.

We ended up with 16 blue salmon, a crab and a couple of skip jacks, so it wasnt too bad. Upon arrival back to the boat ramp Zander was waiting & wanted to come and watch me fillet them. This is quite intimidating for the amateur fisherman in that this is a fishing town and the filleting tables in the caravan park are very busy. There is always 10-20 seasoned fisherman filleting their catch and doing it pretty well. Rock on in the J Mann not really knowing what he is doing...or at least not to their standard anyway...and you feel a little out of place.

Zander didnt mind giving me up either, "Daddy, are you sure you know how to cut the fishies?" he kept saying...It wasnt enough that I already felt like a fish out of water, he had to throw his 2 bob's worth in. He is nothing like his father at all.... I just wish I had the same charisma as he does....
Zander has once again made heaps of new freinds in the caravan park, in fact one couple from Sydney have taken him for a while to give us a breather as they have a 5 year old (Mitch) which is nice. We took Mitch this afternoon for a couple of hours so I guess it is the nice & right thing to do, not to mention the boys love it. His Mum told us we should be very proud of Zander, he is very polite & extremely athletic which is great to hear. Pity he can be such a little prick at home sometimes!! I will take that any day if that is the way he presents himself to others...

The guy behind us is 88 yrs old, comes up every year and has done since 1978, he drives a V8 Cruiser and he took pride in telling me for his 4 month stay he packs in a 20L drum of port, 20L bag of red wine and 20 dozen cans of  XXXX. He packs the pets, the boat, the piss & the Mrs (in that order) so a good laugh there.

Nat had the morning with the boys so I tried to take the boys fishing to give her a break this arvo, Mavvy wouldnt walk, Zander wouldnt listen and just wanted to wind the reel in as fast as he could, then they took off up the beach dropping their rods in the sand along the way....I had to laugh, I go 5 hrs on a charter and Nat got 30 mins when I got back. I made it up tonight by cooking my catch, cleaning up and pouring her a wine. She is an absolute darling.......did I say I was going fishing again tomorrow morning!!!!

Jase.

No comments:

Post a Comment