Friday 11 May 2012

Karumba Day 3

Jas is off fishing again!!!  That's really the only thing to do around here!  You can't even swim in the water because the crocs will get you!  It really is a boys town, the whole caravan park is full of V8 Landcruisers and boats!  I must say I am a little over it and Jas owes me big time!

Jas went fishing with Bob Bond (Dave's dad) and I must say he has been looking forward to it for ages!  They caught one fish, a Silver dew. 

The boys and I (plus Zander's new friend Mitch) just hung around the caravan park and went swimming.  I was well and truly over the babysitting duties by the time Jason returned.  Nothing a glass of wine (or 3) couldn't fix! 

I decided I didn't want to cook and we were told the hamburgers from the local fish shop were excellent so we tried them.  Then after the sun went down, the boys and I and Mitch's mum went to see the kangaroos that gather outside the caravan park after dark.  We even saw a frog mouth owl.  The boys also thought it was fun to poke all the cane toads with sticks.  The cane toads certainly grow BIG around here!

Nat

No comments:

Post a Comment