Sunday 15 July 2012

Zander spew, Maverick poo & asshole teenagers - Exmouth

After Nat’s post on Friday about the free camp…let’s just say it was an interesting overnighter….

To cut a long story short, Nat gets car sick on the unsealed roads where it is windey and bumpy, straight and bumpy is not too bad, as soon as there are corners her complexion takes a whole new look.

She has invested in the travel sickness pills and they are all good, but the boys have started saying they are sick too, and whilst Mavvy does get sick, Zander just thinks he is sick when he is hungry. Anyway they both say every day now, numerous times, that they are sick…sealed or unsealed road.

On Friday night for about 90 minutes Zander was saying he was sick because I fed him too much, we kept just saying to go back to sleep and be quiet because we hear it every day. Needless to say he spewed all of last night’s dinner all over the bedding and himself at 2am in the morning when it was pushing 4degrees. Great stuff, He had another spew in the morning outside so we just tried to wash what we could with the trailer water and get to Exmouth ASAP.

When we arrived we sent most of the day washing sheets and clothes that were vomit ridden, and just basically setting up for 1 night as they were moving us today to another site for 3 days….(school holidays, it was our only option.)

I tried to get a game or sport fishing charter but they are all booked months in advance, which would have been handy to know because that was the main reason I wanted to come here.  A quick look around town and a coffee and buns, then back for tea and an early night for all. I managed a run also which is about my 7th run now, so starting slowly to get some loading in my round plump legs.

Early in bed, then I am awakened by two idiot teenagers trying to steal beer out of my pull out fridge. I woke up and said Oui!! They took off across to the opposite car port, I got outside quickly and just walked around a bit. I saw one of them and sort of quietly moved over there then saw both take off over the fence up the road. Jase is now after them…..

I was in my socks so couldn’t mow them down and yelled at them if they came back I would break their necks… They had too much of a head start and it’s probably a good thing I didn’t get one of them, I was cranky…..

I then grabbed my book and stayed around the corner from the trailer for an hour or so reading - hoping they would come back, but they didn’t. A couple of hours lost sleep….

Maverick then decides he wants to get constipated an hour after that so another 2 hours of screaming in agony from a 3 year old until finally he popped leaving the sweetest of scents in the tent for us to try and get back to sleep on…..Our camping neighbours must have been cranky - me up chasing teenagers yelling at them and a 3 year old trying to get a hard stool out all night, legendary stuff.

This morning we decided to go snorkelling and have a look down the west coast of the peninsular. A magical part of the world this is, do yourself a favour as Molly would say……

I’m not sure if there is anywhere you can see a reef like this so close to the shore, literally 50m out and accessible to anybody. Nat and I both had a good go but the boys couldn’t quite grasp the breathing through a hose thing, but they will get there. We have 4 nights at Ningaloo Station next week in a private camp with our own reef to teach them, so no harm done there. It was really a great afternoon and we all had a blast.
We also saw Gill from Finding Nemo today, which the boys were pretty stoked about when I brought the camera back. Some photos attached.

Tomorrow I am going to try my luck with some land based fishing off the eastern beaches, then we might try some lure fishing off the west side in the afternoon. I won’t bother with a charter here, I can chase bottom feeders anywhere, I wanted the bigger species but it wasn’t to be….much like the Barra I wanted…..

Red wine and Boags beers tonight, Nat and I have the boys asleep already and its 7:15. I think the “no electronic devices” works…and it makes us read to them more also, which can’t be a bad thing anyway. It is just so easy to give them a DVD player when we want some “US” time……All good with The Mann Clann today….

Jase.





1 comment:

  1. Jase, You must be driving too fast. Go & stay @ Coral Bay "# 476" There is fish feeding at 3 each day and the fish swim around you legs. Boys would love it.

    ReplyDelete