Thursday 5 July 2012

Eighty Mile Beach - Day 1

We had a big day of driving today, we drove 360kms. We haven't done that distance in quite a while.
Eighty Mile Beach Caravan Park is truly in the middle of nowhere! We couldn't get a powered site but that was okay as we are only staying 2 nights.

Z Mann was in fine form again today (probably because he was out late watching the State of Origin last night!)  Once we set up we went for a walk and an old lady gave the boys a shell necklace each and shells shaped like a fish and a dog. The boys thought that was great!  You can't sell the shells you collect here but you can give them away, which is a shame because she created some amazing animals with the shells. 

We wondered onto the beach just before sunset and were amazed to see how far the tide goes out. The tide variances here are huge. It must of been 1 km before the waves started. And the shells were everywhere. I have never seen anything like it!

It got very cold once the sun disappeared so we had dinner and tried to get the boys to bed early.  With much greif I might add!  Today has been I think, the worst day so far with the boys. The boys have really tested me to the max and I was ready to pack up and go home. But then I thought, where would I rather be, here or at home and working?  I won't ever get to have another 6 months off again.  I think I need to take that attitude from now on!

Nat 







No comments:

Post a Comment