Saturday 16 June 2012

Mornington Wilderness Park - Day 2

This morning when we had breakfast we opened the long life milk to find it was curdled. Use by date of December 11 and we bought 3 litres. You guessed it, like the Pizza Shapes, from Mr Barnett. I then checked everything we bought and apart from 1 item - all out if date.

Cranky!!! I am sure that is not legal to sell items out of date……

Nat wouldn’t let me drive the 80k's or so back up the road to give it to them so I just had to suck it up.  I don’t get it, they had heaps of people in there, state of the art scanners and tills, you can’t tell me milk and eggs don’t turnover.

I have a theory in that I think that is all that they might get supplied because they supply the indigenous community also, at half the price we pay....the message is if you go there, check the use by dates and give them a mouthful from me.  

After brekky we went to Dimond Gorge for a look and again, from our aspect we didn't think it was as breathtaking as what we have seen so far. We didn't however get to canoe right up the gorge so it is just an assumption from what we saw. The beach area was great and we just laid the blanket down for about 3hrs while the boys played in the shallows in front of us, a taste of what awaits on the west coast, sensational.  

Nat ran out of wine so we did the cheese platter thing, wines and Coronas, the boys kicked the footy and played tackles - it was just a good way to spend the arvo.

The ranger did a slideshow by the fire tonight which was quite informative in terms of The Kimberley Wildlife preservation movement. One thing that resinated with me is that 40-45% of the Kimberley burns each year in the dry season, and sometimes the fires can last 3 months. The smoke compliments the red dust out here, if its not one it’s the other…..Mav blew up so Mum took him home early and Z & I stayed till stumps, then caught frogs on the walk home which was cool.

Off to Silent Grove tomorrow to do Bell Gorge. Not long left in the Kimberley now, all told it will be a month or so we are seeing as much as we can in a short time.

Jase...


No comments:

Post a Comment