Saturday 9 June 2012

Ellanbrae & Drysdale River

We reluctantly left Home Valley (I could easily have stayed another few days) and headed to Ellanbrae for morning tea as they are famous for their scones. And they were delicious but of course Jase made a snide comment about the price! I guess they have to make money out here somehow.

We continued to Drysdale River Station to camp for the night. The family we met in Home Valley; Dave, Natasha, Jye (4 years old) and Emma (2 years old) also arrived here and we were deciding weather or not to travel to Mitchell Falls. Jason really wants to go and I do too but the walk is 9kms return and we have been told it takes 6 hrs to drive there on very rough roads. I am not worried about getting there, the car and trailer will have no dramas, I am more worried about the walk with the boys. Personally I think we are biting off more than we can chew but I will guess we will see who wins that argument!

Jason spent the whole afternoon talking to every camper here to suss it out. You can get a chopper ride either in or out and just walk one way - so guess what? I lose again, will will head there in the morning! But the good thing is our new friends are coming too so hopefully the kids will help each other along....
Nat
 

No comments:

Post a Comment