Thursday 21 June 2012

Derby

After a freezing night at Windjana, I think the coldest of our trip so far, we were eager to pack up and head to civilisation - Derby.  I have never been so glad to see bitumen road and a supermarket in my life!  All we have been eating for the last few days is dry saos and saladas so our first port of call was a coffee shop to have a steak sandwich and pizza.

We decided to stay 2 nights here so we can sort out a few things.  Jason called it our "work" day.  We need to get a new dual battery for the car, replace a stabiliser bar on the trailer (it fell off somewhere along the Gibb), adjust the trailer breaks and do about 10 loads of washing.

Derby is a nice town, much bigger than I expected and the main street is lined with boab trees.  We took the boys to the local swimming pool, stocked up at Woolworths.  I think we went a little crazy after not seeing a proper supermarket for 3 weeks!

All our jobs are done now so we can now enjoy Broome when we get there.

Did I mention we are going to Broome tomorrow.....

Nat

1 comment: