Thursday 4 July 2013

Cape Hillsborough


This morning my parts had still not arrived TNT so I called them up to chase it down. We only had 100 odd klms to go but we had to be out by 10am and my taillights weren't working. 

I lodged the enquiry and she told me I would have a call back within the hour. I had a call back within 15 minutes saying it was on route from Mackay to Proserpine. I asked her if I could pick it up and she said she would call me back to arrange. They called back within 10 mins and said it would arrive at 10am at Proserpine and the agent would ring me when it was available.

I had a call at 10am from the agent and went and picked it up at 10 past 10.

The new StartTrack.......you could could learn a thing or two from TNT and I never ought I would ever hear that come out of my mouth.....

Southward to Cape Hillsborough and upon arrival we found a magic campsite. Quiet, shady, own track to walk to the beach and pit toilets about 100m away. This is what camping is all about. It was lunchtime so we sorted that and then spent some time at the beach. With the tide out there was at least 1klm of mudflats so not really inviting, but nice all the same. It looked as though the tide came in a long way by the sand markings which meant at least 50m of sand based swimming at the turn of the tide. However plenty of mud there at this time for the boys to walk in and throw at one and other, which s what they did and had a shit load of fun doing it.....

Once we got them cleaned off and started dinner, I finally got to use my fire pit I bought from Bunnings given the National Parks only allow fires above the ground here. Not that anybody cared, there were fire remnants everywhere and by the look of it they used wood gathered from the park. Not us, we used the pit and brought our own wood, because we care about enabling our boys to take their kids to places like this down the track.

Nat & I managed to spend a couple of hours by the fire after the boys went to sleep which was great. We just talked about everything over a few drinks and it was nice to just do that by the fire again. It's not the 5 star Big 4 resort, but it sure as heck beats it hands down in our opinion.

Life is good

Jase & Nat.



No comments:

Post a Comment