Sunday 7 October 2012

Where to now?


Options were endless today, Coffs Harbour to see Shayne & Vanessa, Yamba, Byron, Kingscliff, or home. We were in no hurry - so home soon became out of the question & we decided on Coffs.

Around 450klm north we arrived at Park Beach Holiday Park which we knew instantly (by its appearance) we would like it. When checking in the lady asked how many kids we had, after I said 2 - aged 5 & 3, she said did you say 1 & 2? I said I might have, & she said thats what she heard!!!! I appreciated it & told her that in 5.5 months this has never happened, we might have had sites where they didn't ask if we had kids, so I didn't tell them but never this. She knew it wasn't much but it made a difference, $20 is $20, and while we are not down and out our cash reserves aren't like they were at the start, it made more of a difference than she might have thought!!

Another record setup time in front of a dick of a man that just sat in his camp chair watching, probably thinking he wished he could set up as quickly as us and then taking his frustration out on his kids by swearing at them because he couldn't. We detest these types of people, after this long on the road they are certainly in the minority but there is no excuse to speak to your children like that, particularly when my boys are in earshot.

Off to Shayne's (Fabio) house. I used to drive with Shayne in Brisbane in the Archerfield days and have known him 16 years. We always have been good mates & remained in contact after his move home to Coffs. Every time we pass through we catch up.

A lot has changed in our lives over the past 6 years, I am married with 2 boys and he is engaged to Vanessa, with 2 boys Jodin & Kyzon, with Tylera the middle baby girl. A lot different than our single days as drivers in Bris Vegas....

We were welcomed into an extended family barbecue like we were close friends of the family, they certainly have a close nit family who are extremely nice. They convinced us to stay for dinner which was great. The kids happily played like they too knew each other for years, much to the amusement of the parents. Shayne, Vanessa & the kids surely do make a nice family. Shayne looks great and the happiest I have seen him after a lot has happened in his life in recent years.

After dinner we made it back to camp (Nat has been driving back home [camp] lots lately!!) Apparently I was asleep within seconds with the chocolate in my hand snoring like a king!! I only snore when I am extremely tired, or drunk, perhaps there might have been 2 contributing factors tonight!!!  Nat had to physically get the chocolate from my vice grip, so I missed out...

Really glad we stopped in here. We like the Rawsons immensely & they are always welcoming of us. Great to see you guys, see you soon.

Jase.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment