Wednesday 3 October 2012

Hello Sydney


At dinner last night Jake & I arranged to go for a run this morning along the northern beaches. This was great on another postcard perfect day running with a good mate. I got the impression however that my pace was a bit of a stroll for him given my words were a little more puffed than his. Knowing Jake he would have made the effort to come along & forgo his hill repeats up Mt Keira because he doesn't get to see us much and basically because he is one of the most genuine blokes I have ever met. Good on you mate, it was great to see you.

Northward to Sydney and once again we have some friends insisting on us staying there, Jamie and Debbie. I worked with Debbie while in Wollongong and the families became good friends, and let's just say Jamie & I get on like a house on fire. So Camden it was in their beautiful home with the solar heated pool which the boys were going to hate!!!!

The guys were at work so the keys were left out and I dropped Nat & the boys off while I took the trailer into Cub Head Office for some warranty repairs. 3 hrs later I arrived back and was able to enjoy some of the benefits of the pool & a 29 degree day.

Jamie arrived home at 3:30pm and much to my liking has recently taken up cycling and by chance had a spare push bike he had kindly put flat pedals on so that we could go for a ride. We managed 30klm and it reinforced the fact I have a lot of work to do before Melbourne Ironman. It was great to get out & in reality the first time I had ridden in 175 days so I guess poor form is to be expected.

Debbie arranged and cooked a nice barbecue dinner and we enjoyed a few drinks while talking about each others kids and how much they have grown, along with the old funny days we had in Wollongong. Once again catching up with friends (and meeting many more along the way) has created so many good times that won't be forgotten in a hurry.

The boys were in heaven again with a dedicated toy & TV room so they were easily occupied while we chatted, and for the 3rd night in a row the boys had a late one.

We plan to do Taronga Zoo tomorrow and walk around town, so hopefully we can manage a sleep in and the boys can catch up on some sleep. I imagine we should sleep well either way as the beds are super comfortable. 

Jase.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment